Sunday, May 8, 2011

Trinidad de Arre

This written May 4

I apologize for having to run these posts together. I can write them at leisure, but can only upload them when I find a wifi.

Our hotel for the night.




Outside, 12 century Romanesque. Facade and part of the interior done in 1900.

A retired brother runs this place as a volunteer for a cofrade. He told me when it was converted into an alberge for pilgrims, but I don't remember.

The garden:




Can you see this? Taken on the phone...





And that's not all. Live music!! I couldn't see them, but some brothers were singing in another room someplace.

And there is a verse sculpted on the front in modern Spanish, "So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 10:32

We walked our socks off again today, but this is so cool.

May the Lord bless this place and those who care for it and help those of us who wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment