Sunday, May 8, 2011

Roncesvalles / Zubiri

I apologize for the poor sequencing of posts. I am only able to upload them when I find a wifi and those are not abundant.

This written May 3
We started this morning. I would like to think that having started means we are no longer dragging our feet. Actually, we are really dragging. At the colegiata in Roncesvallies where we were given our "credencial"
here:



They asked me why I was doing this. I answered religious and spiritual reasons. I hope to realize something of that, something of some value, at least. At the moment all I can think of is my physical limits. This was hard, steep, rough and long. And yes, I'm wearing two pairs of socks. 20 km. is heroic. Doing this everyday is inconceivable.

Intermittent drizzle most of the day, ideal temperatures, birdsong along the whole route, and I didn't stop to take many pictures or identify what I was hearing. Lots of people along the trail. We were told 250 started from Roncesvalles this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment